- 22-Mar-2013 to 21-May-2013 (CST)
- Frisco, TX, USA
- Full Time
Join our Family!
Mario Sinacola & Sons is a family owned business, Managed by four sons of the company's founder, each of whom places the highest value on creating an environment where everyone can become part of their extended family. As a result, we do things differently and we believe that is what makes us successful.
While we value specific skills in your area of expertise, what we value most on our team are people who have character, integrity and confidence. Our high-energy, fast paced environment also requires flexibility and agility in each role within the organization. If you are looking for a career that will allow you to do what you do well and grow beyond your skills through new and exciting challenges, we want to hear from you.
Job Title: Safety Manager
The Safety Manager will maintain a safety-driven culture at assigned project job site(s) and/or assigned organizational unit(s). He/she will plan, coordinate and implement safety, health and environmental protection programs and practices in a construction and excavation environment. Responsible for monitoring and actively mitigating operational, safety, and environmental risks. Interacts with and uses third party insurance and medical care providers.
- Implement approved programs and promote loss prevention, complies with insurance procedures and safety/risk management policies.
- Executes the organization's safety training program, ensuring maximum use and efficiency of company resources and talent.
- Includes delivery, instruction, scheduling and/or conducting new employee orientations, partnering with external outsourced providers.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Recommend safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Ensures the regular inspection of facilities, job sites, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Champions the installation of safety devices on machinery, facilities, job sites and prescription and installation of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Leads the proper investigation and case management of accidents, injuries, and occupational diseases to determine causes, install preventive measures, report metrics/trends, minimize company losses, and minimize employee losses.
- Review plans and specifications for construction to determine safety requirements.
- Report or review findings from investigations, facilities inspections, and environmental testing.
- Interview employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Implements corrective actions. Tracks and closes every incident in order to correct violations and risks to people, property, the public and the organization as a whole.
Job Knowledge /Experience:
- 3-5 years' experience in safety management of general industry and construction environments.
- Working knowledge of MSHA regulations.
- Strong leadership and proactive problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with safety issues.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- A relatively high level of analytical ability is required in order to find solutions to difficult human, technical, or administrative problems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products with proficiency in Excel.
- Associates/Bachelors in Business, Insurance, Risk Management, Safety Management, Safety Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health Technology, Industrial Hygiene, or a related field required.
- Requires both OSHA and MSHA certifications
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish a plus.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!